Conclusion? I don't NEED anything. What I WANT is different thing. But, since my own consuming makes me feel anxious these days, I made a promise to myself. Here it comes:
1. Don't buy anything you don't need. If something gets broken, missing etc you can buy new one, but unless that don't buy anything you already have.
2. Instead, why not spend your money on experiences? Gigs, festivals, u name it. Rather than just material thing you don't use or need.
|Pic from HERE|
3. Try to enjoy other things in life. For example, I will pay a visit to home on next weekend and I can't wait. There is Mr. Hedggie, mum and dad, little brother and all little things I love. Like daddy's quiet steps in mornings when he is trying not to wake you up, moment's of joy when you are watching BBC series with dad on sofa, baking with mum, little brother when he is trying to annoy you and you know it's only because he missed you so much.
4. Feel good that your recent purchases have been second hand or bought straight from Etsy and made by one person, not just bunch of kids in India. You have bought quality and are allowed to feel good about it.
5. For the rest of 2014, I will no buy anything unnecessary. This includes make up, other cosmetics, shoes, clothing, jewellery etc. If I want something I can ask it for a birthday present etc.
In a nutshell, I am so tired of this modern mentality when it comes to shopping. As if it was okay just to spend money on things you don't need? Why not buy good will? I intend to save my money and instead of buying loads of crap I want to consider carefully where to spend.
For example, tattoos are not waste of money. At least not for me.
Recently I've done some shopping and maybe I'll show some of them for you as well, but for now it does not feel good to get any more stuff. I've also made a major clear out in my closet and put loads of things on sale just to get rid of them.